Since 1967, the Beth Israel community has made its home at 5315 Old Canton Road. The heart of our building is our sanctuary, a warm and beautiful spiritual setting designed for sacred activities, life cycle events, and individual reflection. The giant golden doors of our ark convey the message that the doors of Beth Israel are open to all. The building also houses our social hall, library and religious school classrooms. The BITY (Beth Israel Temple Youth) lounge is the gathering place for our popular and very active youth group, which is affiliated with the North American Federation of Temple Youth.
Beth Israel Cemetery was first established in 1860 by a small number of Jewish families who had settled in Jackson, predating the actual formation of Beth Israel Congregation. The land they purchased for the cemetery was on State Street, where the current Beth Israel cemetery still resides in what is now the heart of central Jackson. Burial in the cemetery is a privilege afforded to active members of Beth Israel Congregation.
Click HERE to view our 50th anniversary video!